1971 GTO facts
- Dave Heinz, driving a Chevrolet Corvette, won half the races of the series, but did not win the title.
- Phil Currin drove his C2 Chevrolet Corvette.
1971 GTU facts
- Hurley Haywood became the very first IMSA GT Champion, driving a Porsche 914/6 entered by Brumos.
- Harry and Klaus Bytzek drove a similar car.
- Michael Keyser and Bob Beasley drove the Toad Hall Racing Porsche 911.
1971 TO facts
- Robert Hennig drove an AMC Javelin.
- Javier and Jorge Garcia drove a Chevrolet Camaro.
1971 TU facts
- Jerry Walsh raced a Ford Pinto.
- Al Cosentino drove a Fiat Abarth 850.